- It clears my head. When I go out for a run, whatever my attitude is going into it, I feel 100 times
better afterwards, every time.
- Running keeps you healthy. It builds bone mineral density and lean muscle. It also improves your cardiovascular fitness.
- Running allows me to see my favorite city in a new way. There is something about soaking in the city’s personality when you are out for a run. Whether running through Chicago’s unique neighborhoods or along the lakefront, I see something new every time, even if I take the same route.
- Running boosts my energy. Even when I have gotten less than an optimal amount of sleep, I have more energy after going out for a run. It rejuvenates me.
- Running makes me feel strong, both mentally and physically. In addition to improving my health, taking care of myself gives me mental fortitude. I feel like I can conquer any challenge.
- I am a part of an incredible community. Chicago runners are a friendly, inclusive crew and when you are a runner, new or veteran, you are automatically inducted into their community. You can always count on the nod, smile, or acknowledgment that makes you feel accepted and motivated.
- It is a low maintenance workout. Because there is no gym membership, expensive equipment, or schedule to adhere to, there are no excuses. It is an easy habit to have – and I love that!
Are you a runner? What motivates you to get out there?